Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Employment

Horizon Air Bombardier DHC-8
Matt-of-the-Lake has landed a job with Horizon Air as a flight attendant, based out of Spokane. Spokane is not the world's most popular location, being in Eastern Washington, but being based there should give him a more consistent flight schedule, and possibly more hours.

PenAir Saab 340B
He was working for PenAir as a general gofer up until a couple of weeks ago when he quit, which happened to be one week before PenAir went bankrupt. Matt wasn't able to work as a flight attendant on PenAir because at 6'2" he was too tall to fit in their airplanes. PenAir's height limit was 5'10".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spokane is extremely popular with some people I know. But good for him landing at Horizon. I hope his career takes off. I fly Horizon between Bellingham and Seattle and I love their Bombardier turbo-prop planes. Because I love flying at low altitude, and I don't prefer going through security in Seattle. Bummer about PenAir. Sounds like it was an awesome company right up until it wasn't. They shoulda stuck to Alaska. The airline business is ruthless. Long ago I read a book called "Free Fall, the Needless Destruction of Eastern Airlines". Very discouraging. And I loved Herb Kelleher's book "Peanuts", about Southwest. Inspiring. Have a nice flight.

Your pal,
James.

Chuck Pergiel said...

You fly from Bellingham to Seattle? Landing at Sea Tac? Doesn't seem hardly worth it.