Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Charter Schools

Sioux City Central High School, also known as the Castle on the Hill
Built back when we knew how to build things.
There was an opinion piece in The Wall Street Journal today how charter school students are out-performing public school students (paywall). I prowled around on the net to see if I could find anything that might explain this discrepancy. I found a couple of items. One: "A charter school is an independently run public school granted greater flexibility in its operations, in return for greater accountability for performance." which doesn't really tell us much at all. The other is this video about Eva Moskowitz. I didn't watch the whole thing, it goes on for minutes, I tell you, minutes of people yammering. I ain't got time for that.

Then I thought to check this here blog to see if I had posted anything, and sure enough I posted this. That was back in 2011, six years ago, and apparently nothing has changed. Union busting is tough, and it's even tougher when the union is the biggest one in the most powerful country in the world.

No comments: